"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Winter decorating inspiration

I am not one to decorate only for Christmas.  I like to decorate with more of a winter theme in mind.  I like things more subtle with some natural elements like branches, little trees and lots of candles.  I found some great inspiration on Pinterest.












3 comments:

  1. Could not agree more. I love decorating for Winter. Great pictures, Pinterest is the best right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love decorating with the whole season in mind. The natural elements are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the pom poms in the window! i like your idea of a winter theme as opposed to a "christmassy" look...My kids are gaga for Christmas right now, so we are doing up the reds, greens and garish for sure!!! :)
    One day, I will be able to decorate in a less kid-oriented way :)
    My husband is the true Clark Griswald and loves the blow-up characters on the front lawn! Horrors!!

    ReplyDelete